You have several Xojo and Real Studio versions in use? Want to know in advance what version a project has?
Well, in that case, try our plug-in for QuickLook: MBS-Xojo-QuickLook-Plugin.dmg
After installation of our plug-in to /Library/QuickLook and you restarting the Finder or logged in the next time, your icons look like this:
Enjoy! This plug-in is freeware, so tell your friends. Version 1.4 adds support for newer Xojo versions.
New in this prerelease of the 16.1 plugins:
- Updated DynaPDF to version 188.8.131.52.
- Added DynaPDFMBS.GetSysFontInfos.
- Removed GraphicsMagick signal handlers so the plugin doesn't show up in crash reports on Mac when crashing.
- Fixed bug in CURLSFileInfoMBS class with handling time/date right.
- Added DeviceHandle, FeatureReportLength, InputReportLength and OutputReportLength for HIDAPIDeviceMBS class.
- Added CURLEmailMBS.ClearHeaders method.
- Added SQLDatabaseMBS.NativeAPI property.
- Added Cache Option for SQL Plugin. This allows to cache whole recordset client-side.
- Added WinUSBMBS.LastErrorMessage property.
- Changed SQLDatabaseMBS.Prepare to accept question marks as place holders for parameters for compatibility to existing code. You are still advised to switch to named parameters to avoid mistakes with wrong indices.
- Rewrote FileListMBS. Now even faster and works on Linux, too.
- Added VolumeRoot parameter for CarbonApplicationEventsMBS.VolumeMounted event.
- Added SetBusyTimeout and SetBusyHandler to SQLite3MBS class so you can set busy handler for SQLite database connections.
- Fixed internal conversion for FSRef to Folderitem to work better for volumes.
- Fixed bug in VolumeInformationMBS class for 64-bit.
- Added renderInContext and renderInPicture methods to CALayerMBS class.
- Updated MT methods on SQL Plugin to run trace events on right Xojo thread.
- Updated SQLite to 3.11.0.
If you need to load a GIF picture into a WebImageView, you need to build a WebPicture and put the GIF inside it:
Tim Parnell just released Answers 1.1.7 which you get as part of OmegaBundle:
Feb 24, 2016 - Today's update for Answers tweaks a few details to improve your experience with the tool. Designed to always be a pleasant experience, Answers is your go-to app for help documents of any size.
Help documents are vital to customer support, and making them is no longer a challenging task. Answers from Tim Parnell, makes creating and organizing help documents simple. By allowing users to focus on the content, not the code, anyone can quickly create help documents like software help books or website FAQs.
Now updated, Answers allows you to build documents with a range complexity. Whether it's a simple help book, or a reference manual Answers extends new power to your communication. It's easier than it ever has been to convey your message for free. Version 1.1.7 also fixes some minor bugs reported by users.
Answers 1.1.7 is available now for Mac and Windows. Download it now from the website for free. Answers is free to use and build with. Some options and build types are limited to Pro users. Upgrading to a Pro license is $29 USD.
Answers is participating in OmegaBundle this year, along with 15 other incredible products. OmegaBundle offers a huge savings on the best add-ons, extensions and helper applications for developing cross-platform and mobile applications with Xojo.
Website - Download - Omegabundle
The XojoTalk podcast just got it's twenty second episode. So go and listen to it!
- Shoving Phones In Their Pockets with Geoff Perlman
- That's A Lot Of Tens with Bob Keeney
- Developer of Long Standing with Eric Gibbon
- Grizzled Veterans with Travis Hill
- Where's My Column? with Marc Zeedar
- I have no idea what you're talking about with Kem Tekinay
- Snowgun with Kevin Cully
- Really Wicked with Hal Gumbert
- It's my dog with Norman Palardy
- Strap a Mac Pro to my wrist with Tim Dietrich
- The forum is my personal training ground with Tim Hare
- Shipping is a feature with Paul Levine
- Hockey Programmer with Mike Cotrone
- Software Maniacs with Ken Whitaker
- Type my password like an animal with Justin Elliott
- Magical Toolkit with Craig Boyd
- I Keep My Secrets to Myself with Bruno Frechette and Jonanthan Guillemette
- Not The Pi You Eat with Geoff Perlman
- Ghost Touches with Geoff Perlman
- Spoiler Alert with Bob Keeney and Marc Zeedar
- Enterprise Consulting with Arthur Couture and Tom Rupprecht
- I Like Things That Just Work with Tim Parnell
NICHENICH, Germany (February 23rd, 2016) -- Monkeybread Software Releases IP in menubar v4.5, an application to show the current IP address in the menubar.
This small application runs in the background and shows the current IP address of your Mac in the menu bar. There are options available to customize the appearance of the menu entry. The IP dddress is updated regulary. Switch on the Router option if you are behind a router or gateway. You can still see your local IP address in the menu.
This application is freeware and provided as is.
IP in menubar is an example of what you can do in Xojo using the MBS Plugins and their NSStatusItemMBS class.
Changes in Version 4.5:
- Added option to show country flag.
- Added option to show notification when IP changes. This allows you to keep a history in notification center.
- Added option to show VPN IP.
- Fixed a bug for not connected and behind a router.
The application is freeware, but contributions are accepted through PayPal.
Download at the IP in menubar website.
Monkeybread Software is pleased to announce the 5th MBS Xojo Conference in beautiful Koblenz, Germany. Once again we meet in the lovely Contel hotel on the banks of the river Moselle. Beside our two conference days we have accompanying social programme with our dinner event and optional two training days. For the evenings we have casual get-together in the hotel bar or beer garden.
We like to offer young developers the possibility to meet the Xojo community, get in touch with other developers and maybe find first clients or an employer.
For the 2016 conference we decided to do something special. We provide three conference tickets free of charge to three young developers so they have the chance to join our conference. Please apply until 29th February 2016 to get one of the tickets.
- You speak english and you can follow the conference.
- You are 25 years old or younger.
- You have done your first Xojo projects and know Xojo a little bit.
- You are sure you can cover your cost of travel, food and hotel room.
- You have the required passport or Visa to travel to Koblenz.
May 17th: Xojo Training in English
May 18th: Xojo Training in German
May 19th: Conference, first day with dinner event
May 20th: Conference, second day
Registration is open. Attending the conference costs regularly 299 Euro plus VAT, including food and beverage in the Contel Hotel on the banks of the river Moselle as well as an accompanying social programme. The early bird offer available till 29th March is just 249 Euro plus VAT.
Sessions are to be held in English. Our conference is conceived as a networking event. The conference is an ideal opportunity for sharing your thoughts and your own development experience with fellow users and developers. If you like to hold a presentation, please contact us as soon as possible. Speaker receive discounted tickets.
Registration and more Information on our website.
Training days in German and English.
For any questions, please contact me directly.
Early registration for the 2016 Xojo Developer Conference is available till 21st March, 2016. Don't miss it.
XDC will take place in Houston, TX October 5-7, 2016. It features sessions on best practices, special interests and other technical topics, with content for every level of Xojo developer. Educational sessions will cover topics like Xojo iOS, Raspberry Pi, database design, user interface design, debugging techniques, writing secure apps, and much more! Want to know what XDC is like? Watch our highlights video!
Early Bird Registration
Now through March 21, 2016: $799
March 22 - August 22, 2016: $899
August 23 - Conference: $999
XDC will take place at the lovely boutique Hotel Derek in the Galleria area of Houston. It's right in the middle of two airports, giving you plenty of options (and time) to find a great flight! We have negotiated a hotel room rate of $164 a night. Rooms can be reserved here.
If you have any questions about XDC, feel free to email Data Brown.
PS: Looking for European conference? Early bird offer for MBS Xojo Developer Conference in Koblenz is available till 19th March.
As part of the OmegaBundle for Xojo 2016, you get a DynaPDF Starter License. You can upgrade this license to a Lite or Pro license.
Check the differences here:
DynaPDF Starter vs. Lite vs. Pro vs. Enterprise
If you are interested, we have a few special offers for you:
Upgrade Starter to Lite for $319 USD (or 289 Euro) instead of $449 USD. (save $130)
Than you can import existing PDFs, create interactive forms and load form field values, create layers or new PDFs as PDF/A or PDF/X.
Upgrade Starter to Pro for $699 USD (or 629 Euro) instead of $969 USD. (save $270)
With Pro you can do single page import, extract text and vector graphics, render PDFs to images for viewing and work with external character maps.
Upgrade Starter to Enterprise for $1269 (or 1139 Euro) instead of $1719 USD. (save $450)
The Enterprise version includes the C++ source code for DynaPDF.
Add PDF/A Addition to Pro/Enterprise for $659 (or 589 Euro) instead of $899 USD. (save $240)
With PDF/A Addition you can use the converter feature to turn existing PDFs into PDF/A files.
If you are interested in an upgrade, please contact us, so we can send you an invoice for the upgrade you need.
All upgrades include upcoming DynaPDF 4.0 and an additional year of maintenance.
The OmegaBundle for Xojo 2016 will be available through February/March 2016 and offers 16 products for $399 instead of $3800 USD.
While we don't have the exact same chart ready to use like you see them on the Apple Watch, we can create similar charts with our MBS Xojo ChartDirector Plugin.
We take a pie chart and have it render. Than we pick the draw area and draw a few circles on top with some labels.
if you like you can modify it to draw several circle segments to have it look more like an Apple Watch with Move, Exercise and Stand chart.
The chart on the right is created by the code below:
If you use HTMLViewer in your Xojo desktop app, you may need to handle cookies from time to time. The MBS Plugins have various classes to work with cookies, e.g. to read them for storing a database. And later you can restore them to make sure your users can use auto login features in the webviewer.
On Windows we have a couple of classes for use with WebKit/Chromium. This includes the ChromiumCookieManagerMBS class and the ChromiumCookieMBS class. With AllCookies method you can query all current cookies, save them for later and on the next run add them with SetCookie method.
When using a Mac, you can use the Cocoa classes for cookie management: NSHTTPCookieStorageMBS and NSHTTPCookieMBS class.
The classes for Linux with WebKit look similar: LinuxWebCookieStoreMBS and LinuxWebCookieMBS
As all those classes use WebKit cross platform, they have nearly the same functionality.
Did you try Shorts for doing reports?
If so you may be interested to get a copy of OmegaBundle. Our MBS Xojo DynaPDF Plugin is used by Shorts for the PDF output and currently on sale as part of the OmegaBundle.
BKeeney Software Inc. released version 1.5.4 of the Report Designer. One of the bigger changes is it ships with a web example of how to take a report definition and display it for a web app. This affects a significant amount of methods and properties throughout the project to make them work on desktop and web but seems to work well.
BKeeney Shorts (with report designer) is 100% Xojo code (DynaPDF Starter kit required to export to PDF) and comes with a drop in Report Designer and Report Viewer component for both desktop and web apps.
For purchasing information please visit BKeeney Website.
Next month we have Xojo developer meetings in Cleveland and Chicago area. Maybe you want to join me for a dinner event?
For Chicago, Illinois the meeting is Friday, 11th March 2016.
We have twelve people on the list. If you like to join, please email me soon.
Planned location is: Longhorn Steakhouse Des Plaines, 1470 East Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016.
For Cleveland, Ohio the meeting is Tuesday, 15th March 2016
We have eight people on the list. If you like to join, please email me soon.
Planned location is: The Greenhouse Tavern, 2038 East 4th Street Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
Location can change and will be confirmed to the registered people on my lists same day or day before.
The meetings are planned for 7pm, but I probably will be there around 6pm to make sure we have a table.
If you are interested in private time for consulting, training or discussion MBS or Xojo topics, we can of course schedule a meeting. Please contact me if interested.
See you there!
PS: we probably have some price to raffle
The OmegaBundle is back for Xojo with 16 products for just $399.
Get a bundle before it ends. If just two or three things in the bundle are interesting, you save a lot of money.
Did you read amazon web service agreement?
So once zombies appear in the US, it's okay to use was for anything
57.10 Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat. However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization.
PS: It is not part of the German version, so read english one.
We just got notice today about cubeSQL 5.5:
After several months of development we are proud to announce the immediate availability of cubeSQL 5.5. cubeSQL is probably the most stable version we have ever released, it also includes several performance related changes that you'll immediately noticed when compared to older versions. SSL support has been greatly improved and thanks to Tino Gruse from Roth Soft AG we now have a complete and detailed guide about how to Setup SSL.
You can find more details in our blog post: Announcing cubeSQL 5.5
We support cubeSQL with our SQLiteExtension.
New in this prerelease of the 16.1 plugins:
- Changed JSON functions to better detect invalid JSON text.
- You can now set HandleResult property for SQL Connection and it propergates to SQL Command objects automatically (like PreFetchRows, Scrollable, CommitRetaining and SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT).
- Rewrote WindowsPlayerMBS to allow mono and other sample rates.
- Changed PortAudioStreamRecorderMBS to adjust buffer size instead of failing.
- Changed OverlayMBS to work better with full screen apps.
- Fixed ZipFileMBS.CompressFiles to handle no password case better.
- Added CURLEmailMBS.AddAttachment method taking folderitem.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 184.108.40.206.
- Added WebUIDelegateMBS events for drag and drop.
- Added MemoryBlockMBS constructors.
For our conference 19th/20th May in Koblenz, the very early bird offer for 199 Euro per ticket is ending in just 10 days. If you like to join at the lowest price, you should be quick!
Whether you are registered or plan to do so, please join our session voting:
- Creating reports with XojoScript and MBS XL Plugin
- Database independant programming: using interface
- Screen designer: how to create an application specific IDE
- Creating and communicating with a web service using JSON
- Integrating SIX payment systems saferpay credit card terminal with a web app
- Creating PDF file with XojoScript and MBS DynaPDF Plugin
And if you are student with 25 or younger, please join our free ticket offer.
For our German speaking Xojo developers we have a training day:
Mit der Denkform bieten wir eine Xojo Schulung an.
Siehe Denkform Webseite.
Entwickeln Sie Ihre eigenen Apps mit Xojo, ganz gleich ob Programme für den internen Einsatz, Spiele, Dienstprogramme etc. Dieses objektorientierte Multi-Plattform-Entwicklungswerkzeug erlaubt es ganz normalen Anwendern, außergewöhnliche Software für den Desktop, das Web, die Kommandozeile und iOS zu entwickeln.
Wir nehmen uns mal zwei Tage Zeit uns Xojo ausführlich anzuschauen und bauen einige Beispiele zusammen.
Genauer Inhalt und Themen nach Wunsch der Teilnehmer.
Der nächste Termin ist der 11./12. April 2016.
New in this prerelease of the 16.1 plugins:
- Fixed picture.ScrollHorizontalMBS for Mac.
- Added NSShadowMBS class.
- Added LinuxSUMBS class to run commands as root on Linux.
- Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.2f
- Added handle properties for NSPointMBS, NSRangeMBS, NSRectMBS and NSSizeMBS classes.
We got a new LinuxSuMBS class for Linux to run commands as root if needed:
Our example writes a little shell script and runs it as root. Could be useful to write an installer which updates a web app (As example). Of course this is for GUI apps and requires user to enter a root password.